Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where many paths and errands meet...

I'm spending a bit of the day with this Tolkien Ensemble album of songs and poems from the Lord of the Rings.  If you haven't heard it before, it's well worth checking out -- very pretty arrangements of beloved and familiar words.



Sundays are lovely days for catching up on things, and for letting things slide.  Today is exactly such a day... a day to do a few neglected tasks, ride my bike while spending a bit of time with a warrior princess, and perhaps finish reading Gentlemen of the Road.  It's not a terribly lofty plan, but it is eminently appealing.  I spent my entire Saturday playing D&D, so a bit of manual labor and exertion followed by quiet, solitary pursuits is just what I need, to make this weekend feel truly weekendish.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I have not heard of that before and will have to look it up. It's always fun to hear people's takes on Tolkien music.

    Have you heard this one? It's a Lord of the Rings symphony (not the movie one.)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL_ZrkgV2mA

    Good RPG inspiration!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete